Many homes in South Etobicoke are more than 50 years old and require constant upkeep. We have put together a Spring Checklist to get your home prepared for the warmer weather and of course it’s always wise to do after the Winter to ensure your home has no major issues.
- Inspect the Outside of your Home – Do a thorough inspection of the exterior of your home.
- Check your Roof (safely) – Inspect for any damage / leaks / missing shingles / buckling or sagging.
- Check for Leaks – Caulk or add weather stripping if there are any air leaks / check of squeaky doors and dripping faucets.
- Clean the Outside of your Home – Clean windows, screens, power wash the outside of your home as needed. Check the foundation for any cracks and fix as needed.
- Check your Air Conditioner – Inspect your AC unit / look for any leaks in the hoses.
- Don’t forget the Interior – Inspect the furnace and replace the air filter. Change your batteries in smoke detectors and C02 units. Deep clean your home. Purge any unwanted items!